MILPITAS EXECUTIVE LIONS CLUB
Club Officers and Board of Directors 2017-18
- Work History: Real Estate Broker
- Volunteer Organizations: Past DISTRICT GOVERNOR of the Lions Club International, District 4C-6 Governor 2010-2011
- Served as President, Membership Director and Board Member of Milpitas Executive Lions Club
- Charter Member of Milpitas Executive Lions Club since November 2002
- Serves as Commissioner for the City of Milpitas Community Advisory Commission
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT: Christopher Heiny
- Work History: Synaptics
- Volunteer Organizations:
- Milpitas Executive Lions Club member since May 2009. Served as Board of Director 2011-14.
1st Vice President: Nelly Cabuslay
- Work History: Retired Registered Nurse
- Volunteer Organizations: Joined the Milpitas Executive Lions Club since June 2007.
- She served as Board of Director. A member of the Filipino American Nurses Association.
- President of Lupao USA & Worldwide Association Inc. 2013-15
2nd Vice President: Jaime Odena
Bob Nuñez has spent the better part of his career in public service. He has spent forty years in education and the last four and one-half at the East Side Union High School District, the largest high school district in Northern California. Since his retirement, Bob has remained active in public service by serving on county-wide commissions, non-profit boards and social justice organizations.
- 2016 Elected as City of Milpitas Councilmember 2014
- 2014 Elected as Milpitas Unified School Board Member
Bob received his AA degree in Data Processing from Fullerton Community College; his BA in Business Administration from California State University + Fullerton; his MA in Public Administration from California State University + Long Beach and his EdD/ABD in Educational Administration from United States International University + San Diego.
SECRETARY: Steve Sukovez
TREASURER: Ha (Jenny) Phan
- Serves as a Commissioner for Library Advisory Commission
MEMBERSHIP CHAIR: MariCris Benitez
- Work History: Real Estate Professional since 1988; Worked at Stanford University from 1980-88
- Volunteer Organizations: Joined Milpitas Executive Lions Club in October 2008.
- Currently she is the club Membership Chair (2015-Present); District 4-C6 Public Relations; District 4-C6 Youth Exchange Chair; District 4-C6 Global Service Team Member; District 4-C6 Information & Technology Team; Piedmont Hills High School & Milpitas High School LEO Club Advisor, Member of the District Information Technology Team, and Multiple District 4 Lions & Lioness Club Services Committee
- Lions Clubs International District Global Membership Team as Retention Chair (2011-14); District 4-C6 International Relations Chair (2011-14); Public Relations Chair (2011-14), Past Zone 1, Regions 2 Chair (2012-13); Special Assist to District Governor Karen Fillmore (2014-2015), Youth Exchange Adviser (2014-15), Member of the Global Membership Team-Retention(2014-15)
- She as held various positions in the club-Club President (2011-12), 1st Vice President(2010-11), Membership Director(2009-10), Club Secretary ( 7-1-2012- 2016), & Student Speaker Chair.
- Past President: Seven Lakes of Northern California, Inc a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization(2014-16)
- Board of Director(2000-2014):Filipino American Chamber of Commerce of Santa Clara County
- Work History: MDM Entertainment a licensed and Insured business. Mobile DJ “Mike” is one of San Jose’s recognized and respected DJ and Karaoke Company.
- Proudly member of the American Disc Jockey Association. Has been entertaining people all over the Bay Area and across the country for over 12 years.
- Professional and fashionable Master Ceremony Host
- Volunteer & Civic Organizations: Milpitas Executive Lions Club since 2011, served as Board of Director 2011-13, Membership Chair
- Member of Milpitas Chamber of Commerce, Entertainment Chair for Relay for Life (Mountain View & Milpitas)
Board Member: CHRIS LEE
Chris was born and raised in the Silicon Valley. He attended Independence High School and graduated from San Jose State University with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. He has lived in the City of Milpitas since 1991 with his wife Julie and sons, Alexander and Jeffrey. Hobbies include running, basketball, camping and Mountain Bike riding.
- Work History: Senior Customer Success Specialist at a cloud based software company in San Jose.
- Volunteer Organizations: He joined the Milpitas Executive Lions Club in 2003. Is a Past President of the club from January 2013 to June 2014. He also served as secretary & board member.
- Chris also serves as a Commissioner on the Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Commission for the City of Milpitas
BOARD MEMBER: THELMA BATILO
Materials Project Manager Global Wafer Services/CAS/Applied Materials Independent business consultant in the global ecommerce & distribution industry (www.batilo.biz)
Volunteer Organizations: Joined Milpitas Executive Lions Club in March 2008.
- Ist Vice District Governor District 4-C6 Lions
- Served as District Environmental Chair & Member of the Multiple District 4 Youth Outreach
- Lions Clubs International District 4-C6 Peace Poster Chair 2013-14, Past Region 2 Chair 2012-13 & Past District 4-C6 Youth Exchange Co-Chair 2012-13
- She is currently the Tail Twister of MELC and Peace Poster Chair 2014-15. She has held various positions for Milpitas Executive Lions Club: Past President 2011-12,Vice President, Club Secretary & Board Member; Membership Director 2013-14, Milpitas High School LEO Club Advisor, Visitation Chair.
- Serves as a Commissioner for the City of Milpitas Community Advisory Commission
- Former City of Milpitas Mayor , Department of Information Systems Specialist II, County of Santa Clara Superior Court, Businessman and Business Consultant, Systems Project Leader, Data Processing Manager; Corporate VP,Corporate Planner – Management Services, Practicing Civil and Industrial Engineer
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), College Scholar, Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE), Entrance Scholar Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering (BSIE), Communication for High Impact Academy, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA Leadership in the 21st Century, JFK School of Government, Harvard University
- Milpitas Chamber of Commerce, St. Elizabeth Church, Milpitas YMCA, Couples for Christ, Faithful Admiral, PFN, St. Joseph Assembly
- Lions Club served as Board of Director, 1st Vice President
- Friends of the Milpitas Community Library, St. John’s School Board, Knights of Columbus, Past Grand Knight, Scholarship Director, Fil-Am Association of Milpitas, Inc., Mentor, Milpitas High School, Rotary Club
- Manager 1995 to present San Jose, California
Real Estate Broker
University of Denver -Real Estate Business & Construction ManagementDenver, Colorado
San Francisco Conservatory of Music – Piano PerformanceSan Francisco, California
Mills High School Millbrae, California
Board Member: RODY CABUSLAY
- Work History: Real Estate Broker
- Volunteer Organizations: Charter Member of Milpitas Executive Lions Club;Joined 2002.
- Currently Club Board of Director; Past Club Treasurer
- Past President of Filipino American Chamber of Commerce