MILPITAS EXECUTIVE LIONS CLUB
Club Officers and Board of Directors
President- Lion Benjie Fernandez
1st VP – Lion Joe Esteves
- Former City of Milpitas Mayor , Department of Information Systems Specialist II, County of Santa Clara Superior Court, Businessman and Business Consultant, Systems Project Leader, Data Processing Manager; Corporate VP,Corporate Planner Management Services, Practicing Civil and Industrial Engineer
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), College Scholar, Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE), Entrance Scholar Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering (BSIE), Communication for High Impact Academy, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA Leadership in the 21st Century, JFK School of Government, Harvard University
- Milpitas Chamber of Commerce, St. Elizabeth Church, Milpitas YMCA, Couples for Christ, Faithful Admiral, PFN, St. Joseph Assembly
- Lions Club served as Board of Director, 1st Vice President
- Friends of the Milpitas Community Library, St. John’s School Board, Knights of Columbus, Past Grand Knight, Scholarship Director, Fil-Am Association of Milpitas, Inc., Mentor, Milpitas High School, Rotary Club
2nd VP- Lion H”Jenny” Phan
3rd VP and Lion Tamer – Lion Rodrigo Cabuslay
- Work History: Real Estate Broker
- Volunteer Organizations: Charter Member of Milpitas Executive Lions Club;Joined 2002.
- Currently Club Board of Director; Past Club Treasurer
- Past President of Filipino American Chamber of Commerce
Secretary – Lion Nicole Gatlin
Treasurer – Lion Sonette Padama
Membership Chair- Mike Westerman
- Work History: MDM Entertainment a licensed and Insured business. Mobile DJ “Mike” is one of San Jose’s recognized and respected DJ and Karaoke Company.
- Proudly member of the American Disc Jockey Association. Has been entertaining people all over the Bay Area and across the country for over 12 years.
- Professional and fashionable Master Ceremony Host
- Volunteer & Civic Organizations: Milpitas Executive Lions Club since 2011, served as Board of Director 2011-13, Membership Chair
- Member of Milpitas Chamber of Commerce, Entertainment Chair for Relay for Life (Mountain View & Milpitas)
Lion Tail Twister – Lion Chris Heiny
- Work History: Synaptics
- Volunteer Organizations:
- Milpitas Executive Lions Club member since May 2009. Past MELC President. Served as Board of Director 2011-14.
Board of Directors
Lion Thelma Batilo
- 2018-2019 4C6 District Governor
- Materials Project Manager Global Wafer Services/CAS/Applied Materials Independent business consultant in the global ecommerce & distribution industry (www.batilo.biz)Volunteer Organizations: Joined Milpitas Executive Lions Club in March 2008.
- Ist Vice District Governor District 4-C6 Lions
- Served as District Environmental Chair & Member of the Multiple District 4 Youth Outreach
- Lions Clubs International District 4-C6 Peace Poster Chair 2013-14, Past Region 2 Chair 2012-13 & Past District 4-C6 Youth Exchange Co-Chair 2012-13
- She is currently the Tail Twister of MELC and Peace Poster Chair 2014-15. She has held various positions for Milpitas Executive Lions Club: Past President 2011-12,Vice President, Club Secretary & Board Member; Membership Director 2013-14, Milpitas High School LEO Club Advisor, Visitation Chair.
- Serves as a Commissioner for the City of Milpitas Community Advisory Commission
Lion MariCris Benitez
- Work History: Real Estate Professional since 1988; Worked at Stanford University from 1980-88
- Volunteer Organizations: Joined Milpitas Executive Lions Club in October 2008.
- Currently she is the club Membership Chair (2015-Present); District 4-C6 Public Relations; District 4-C6 Youth Exchange Chair; District 4-C6 Global Service Team Member; District 4-C6 Information & Technology Team; Piedmont Hills High School & Milpitas High School LEO Club Advisor, Member of the District Information Technology Team, and Multiple District 4 Lions & Lioness Club Services Committee
- Lions Clubs International District Global Membership Team as Retention Chair (2011-14); District 4-C6 International Relations Chair (2011-14); Public Relations Chair (2011-14), Past Zone 1, Regions 2 Chair (2012-13); Special Assist to District Governor Karen Fillmore (2014-2015), Youth Exchange Adviser (2014-15), Member of the Global Membership Team-Retention(2014-15)
Lion Van Lan Truong
Lion Voltaire Montemayor